Monday, February 14, 2005

Trials and tribulations of the two-wheeled type

That clinches it. My bicycle is jinxed. In the roughly one year that I've owned it, my poor fiets has had a seat, a quick-release and a water-bottle bag stolen, the front brakes disconnected, a series of bolts removed, and today I discovered the back wheel has been mashed. We're talking curb-stomped kind of mashed, despite it still being locked up. This, added to three or four flat tires, Rem dropping my bike lock and keys into the canal and my riding it into a post. I don't know what I or my bicycle did in a previous life, but it can't have been good.

We've been discussing replacing it anyways as it has also developed squeaky, only-semifunctional brakes and grinding, slipping gears which the bike mechanic could only improve but not fix. It still worked, just not very well - not quite up to standard for the longer trips we want to do when it warms up. So, I guess it's now settled and we shall go bicycle shopping this week.

But I'd still like to throttle whoever's reponsible for this. At least I didn't get yelled at, too.

1 Comments:

At 7:20 a.m., Blogger Stuffy said...

Karaoke doesn't seem to be very popular here - too showy, too much personality out there. It's funny, Nederland and Taiwan have a very similar (high) population density but very different cultural ways of dealing with it, and the Dutch are much too private and self contained to do karaoke.

*sigh* For all know, some drunk could have fallen over and landed on my bike, I don't know. There are a lot of poor, smushed bikes around this town. I feel for them. And their owners.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home