Saturday, January 29, 2005

Norwegians

I just remembered a few other details I really liked about the inhabitants of that Northern country:

1) They understand hats. Although it was "only" maybe -5C and not exactly "exposed skin will freeze in 5 minutes" weather, there were lots of people wearing toques and various other hats. I didn't even get a sideways glance for wearing my hats! Hurrah! These people have had the too-cool-to-wear-a-toque frozen out of them waiting for school buses in January.

2) They recycle! I was thrilled to see bins for cans & bottles and for paper at the central train station. Here, you can recycle bottles but not cans, and I have yet to see divided garbage/recycle bins in public spaces like train stations. Funny, since this place is proud of its recycling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home