Thursday, January 13, 2005

Tweedle-dee-dum

I'm itching to be done work. I've got hardly anything to do as nearly all of my people are off in Miami and I can't think of anything else to teach my replacement. We find small things to do every day but I really could have let her go at it on her own after a week. Oh well, tomorrow's the last day and I can't argue with getting the paycheque.

My course started on Monday with on-line introductions and the real work started yesterday when the prof posted our group discussion questions. I'm a little antsy to get my group participating a bit more as we're supposed to post our responses Friday night but only one other person has posted anything yet. Hopefully we'll get into the swing of things quickly.

I am really looking forward to the weekend. Tonight I have Dutch class, tomorrow night I'll have to do work on my course, but Saturday morning is MINE, all MINE. I'm feeling pretty stretched thin at the moment - residual stuff from Tuesday's confrontation mostly, combined with newness and time pressures on my course, boredom at work and just the added commitment of my Dutch class tonight. This should have been an easy week but all I really want to do is crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head.

I forgot how much conflict exhausts me. Blech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home