Tuesday, January 30, 2007

TV Star

Yesterday I stood (or sat) in front of no fewer than 3 tv cameras and (I think) refrained from babbling for the most part. No doubt when I actually see the tapes I will revise this opinion. The day began at the ungodly hour of 5am as I got myself gussied up for a 6:50 AM interview with the Global morning show. They wanted to talk about a writing workshop project we did with 400 inner city kids yesterday. My friend Michael is taking media studies (or something like that - I always forget the exact name) at Macewan and was excited enough to see their studios that he volunteered to drive me. His moral support was also appreciated as I was pretty nervous.

The rest of the morning was full of more media stuff - we had the Journal and Examiner both send reporters and photographers, Shaw TV came to interview me, a student, and one of the presenters as well as to film a session, and then Global came back again to do a short interview with me and catch a session. It was a whirlwind of media and quite a new experience but I think it went well. I have yet to see any of the tv coverage and suspect I'll cringe and squirm my way through it when I do.

Hopefully this will have some positive effects on our profile, though!!

3 Comments:

At 10:23 p.m., Blogger KS said...

DAMN IT! I MISSED IT! I'm sure you did a great job and I'm very proud of you, even though I didn't see it.

 
At 2:38 p.m., Blogger Stuffy said...

Sweet boy. Wait a second... are you being nice to me? What's wrong??

 
At 7:13 p.m., Blogger Ali Kira said...

Awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home