Monday, January 08, 2007

Moving Day!

I just received that much-anticipated call from the lawyer telling me that the mortgage paperwork has finally arrived and we can go in this week to sign things - hurrah! It looks like we should be able to move this weekend as planned. I started packing last week and have become a boxhound, checking recycle dumpsters everywhere I go. We've packed up most of the living room (including a dozen or so boxes of books) but have been dithering on the kitchen and bedroom lest the moving day had to be pushed back. Several friends (some of whom have vehicles!) have kindly offered their services and we have happily taken them up on it. I think we will be owing moving favours until the cows come home. Anyone else want to help? Just call! Operators are standing by.

5 Comments:

At 10:05 p.m., Blogger KS said...

Would SO love to help... but I can't!
Have fun though :D

 
At 10:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!
Very exciting!

 
At 11:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Moving _is_ tough, though. My advice is: don't worry, be happy! Sounds silly, but when my family moved from Steele Heights to where we are now, it was a nightmare: heavy boxes, poor inter-familial communication, crappy food (mostly Wendy's), and some of us were in school at the time and behind on projects, etc. We were not a very happy, friendly bunch. So I recommend taking it easy, trying not to stress out toooooo much, and making sure you communicate well about what might seem like silly, simple things. I hope your move goes smoothly and I wish I could help out with actual transportation of things. I'll ask Malcolm about his trailer (though I think it's missing a part).
See you soon!

 
At 11:48 a.m., Blogger Stuffy said...

Thanks for advice, guys. My sister and I helped my mother's boyfriend move out of his place last summer - and there were still entire rooms which had not had a box near them when we arrived. Add that to the fact that we were really the only two able-bodied people there and yet had to contend with some sexist notions from some elderly men that we couldn't lift anything due to our gender and you have the makings of a delightful day. I'm doing my utmost to get everything packed up before anyone sees this place but the advice about the water is a good one.

Micah - given the weather report for Saturday, we might make better use of you by stationing you at the new place and getting your help with unloading rather than transporting via the bike. With the temperatures that are forecast I don't want anyone outside for very long so the more hands, the better.

 
At 7:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude, I have been hoarding boxes (I am sure everyone is VERY surprised) and you may borrow them if you wish. Let me know... if the roads get better can even arrange a box-drop-off.

And feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home