Saturday, April 09, 2005

Starkers & mustard

Rem and his dad departed early this morning for Croatia. They're going kayaking for a week. I am not. This is to be a bit of a bonding trip for them, the practical considerations of my (lack of) kayaking experience and looming term paper aside. So I hope they have a wonderful time, and I'm glad to have some solitude to concentrate on my work.

That said... I must admit that they've been gone only a little over 12 hours and I'm already going a little stir-crazy. I'm supposed to be just working on my paper and other class stuff this week until I get it all done. This is a self-imposed duty but I am now reminded that I'm going to have to seek out some company soon. I learned in university that I go nuts if left alone for even an entire weekend... but it's been so long since I've done so that I'd forgotten. Oh well. At least it's the weekend and I can catch people back in Canada.

In other solo travelling news, I'm going to Dijon in May! Amie and Steve, two of my old roommates, are going to be in Europe in May and are going to drop in on Mathilde, another of our old roommates who helpfully lives in France. So I'm crashing the party and we'll have ourselves a mini-reunion. The timing is somewhat unfortunate on this - I'm going from May 15-19, which is right in the middle of Rem's mom's visit. This does give Rem some bonding time iwth his mom, too, though, so I think it all works out. I'm quite looking forward to the trip- so far in our travels we've mostly seen cities and only glimpsed the countryside on our bike rides in the Netherlands. Mathilde's family lives in a rural area, though, and we're staying with them. French countryside! Cool, eh?

Oh, my supper bell just went. Rem left me enough lasagna and spaghetti sauce to get me through to the middle of the week... after that, it might be frites for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home