Sunday, June 25, 2006

Change of Plans

I went away for two little days and the plans got mightily changed. Sadly, Rem's dad has had to give up pedalling for a while due to Achilles tendon issues. He took the bus back to Vernon today and will be meeting Rem tomorrow with a 4-wheeled vehicle and acting as a support car rather than a biking buddy. He's planning on sticking with Rem until Thursday when he gets to Rocky Mountain House and then has to depart for Calgary for a good friend's funeral.

I'll be meeting Rem in Pigeon Lake on Friday night and coming back with him Saturday. Whether I bike down or get a ride from my sister depends partially on the weather forecast and partially on whether I can find a biking buddy to come some or all of the way with me. I'm a little nervous about doing a long day on my own though Kirsten has graciously agreed to rescue me should the need arise. I have neither bike tools nor bike fixing abilities as Rem took both of those with him so really would be useless in the face of a breakdown.

2 Comments:

At 9:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that just sucks.

- KS

 
At 11:04 a.m., Blogger Stuffy said...

Yup. Just wasn't meant to go smoothly, eh? Hopefully there will be no more problems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home