Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hang in there, everyone!

Boy, it’s been one of those days.

It started out with the news that my washing machine isn’t working. The breaker’s blown and won’t stay flipped back, so I’ve got to figure out why it’s overloaded and what to do about it.

Next, I got an email from my Dad that my Gram broke her wrist and has to have surgery. It was supposed to be this morning but has now been bumped up to late this afternoon -- hopefully. And she’ll have to stay overnight, which I’m sure she’ll hate.

Then I read a friend’s blog and learned his beloved Uncle died a week or so ago. I missed my friend’s phone call last night and might not be able to catch him tonight.

After that, I got an email from a friend I was supposed to see tomorrow. We haven’t managed to get together since her wedding last summer since she now lives a LOOOONG way away. We’ve made plans several times when she’s visiting but somehow something more important comes up every time and she bails. This is a long visit, so we might be able to reschedule, but if this happens again I may give up trying.

Add this to the news that another friend’s overseas grad program has been cancelled and replaced with something she’s not sure she wants... after her plane ticket’s been purchased, apartment relinquished and job posted.

Finally, hotmail has decided to stop delivering my messages for some unknown reason, the weather’s cold and grey, and Rem’s not due home until next Sunday night. I am not a happy camper.

~~~~~

In hopes of becoming a happier camper, however, I should mention that I get to go shopping tonight, my cousin and her friend depart tomorrow (letting me have my house to myself for the first time in 11 days), and I get to go on a road trip to visit a friend on Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home