Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Minus Freaking Forty

Yoy. It's only -28C out there, but with a 17 km/h wind, it feels like -40. Or so the Environment Canada website tells me. I am unwilling to go out with exposed skin to do my own experiements. Gah! I was supposed to be driving 4 hours south today to have an end-of-festival celebration for work but yesterday we decided to cancel it. Boy am I relieved. This is weather to be staying as close to home as possible - and ideally, in bed with lots of quilts. Despite this, I am going to work, since I was out for half of last week with the flu and have grant appliations due. I can only hope the heat is on today - yesterday when I got there, it wasn't. I worked in my fleece, toque and scarf. Lilas had her little gloves on too but I have lobster gloves which are not conducive to typing. Best run and catch my ride... yesterday's 45 minute wait for the bus was rather unsatisfactory so I've started riding with my assistant again. If she would just keep her hands on the wheel I'd feel better about that decision. Stay warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home